So tonight I was eating a caramel doughnut. And the word caramel was driving me crazy thinking about. Because people pronounce it differently. I grew up pronouncing it like it’s spelled, which just made sense to me. All my family says it that way and we always made fun of people who pronounce it with two syllables. But my friends pronounce it with two syllables and make fun of people who say it with three syllables.
So I did a little research. Dictionary.com lists both pronunciations, but lists the three-syllable one first. Merrium-Webster lists both as well, but lists the two-syllable one first. After looking a little deeper, I realized it’s an accent thing. Like some people pronounce the “t” in often. Some people say “aunt” like “ant” and others say “auunt.” According to the map I looked at, Ohio was pretty split but a slight majority pronounce it with two syllables.
To conclude my glorious research paper of epic proportions, caramel is an irritating word. Either pronunciation is right, it just depends on how you grew up. But I will still continue to make fun of people who pronounce the word differently than it’s spelled. A silent “a” in the middle of the word makes so much sense. :P
Because the rest of the English language makes sense.
Research paper over where’s my A+
I just want to know what you think 26 is :D
I give us Young Volcanoes because you always get the song stuck in my head and we’re pretty radical haha
Lol I feel like you may know the answer to all of these already xD
13. What’s your favourite album at the moment? The Sound of Madness - Shinedown
15. Name three songs that make you happy. Blazin’ - In This Moment, Can You Feel My Heart - Bring Me The Horizon, Massacre - Escape The Fate
26. What was your ‘our song’? Live Fast, Die Beautiful - Escape The Fate
Anonymous asked:What do you want in a girl? Be detailed!
Lol you ;)
Seriously though, she has to make me feel like she legitimately cares about me. She has to like hearing me talk and she has to understand me. I’d like someone who I can share my high times with and my low times. Someone who can make me think hard about some things and someone who I can totally lose my inhibitions with. Ideally, I’d like an adrenaline junky like myself. Someone who’s not afraid to try new things. Someone who would be willing to go all the way in a game of truth or dare, someone I could drink and smoke with. Someone I could take to ride the world’s biggest coasters with me and someone that would ride in a hot air balloon over some landscape. Someone to go camping with and someone who I could travel the world with. But someone who wouldn’t mind snuggling up to a cheesy horror movie with me. I need someone to give as much to me as I’m willing to give to them.
Most importantly, she has to smile at me and I have to know without a doubt that there’s love in that smile and those eyes.
16. Which song would be the soundtrack to your life? I’d say Second Chance by Shinedown. God that was cheesy xD
26. What was your ‘our song’? I could cop out and say some band song, but I’ll pick There For You by Flyleaf! We shared so much in high school and I remember you saying you really liked the song. Plus, you introduced me to Flyleaf back in the day :P
2. Which song best describes your personality? Dementia by Owl City
3. Which song reminds you of your best friend? Oath by Cher Lloyd
4. Which song reminds you of your family? Youth of the Nation by P.O.D.
5. How many songs are on your iPod right now? I don’t use my iPod. My phone can hold about 2,500 and my iTunes has almost 15,000.
6. Shuffle your songs. What’s the first one that comes up? The Mind Maelstrom by Sirenia
7. What’s the best sad song? World In Flames by In This Moment
8. What’s the best happy song? Any upbeat dubstep. My go-to is probably Bangarang by Skrillex or Vancouver Beatdown by Zomboy
9. Which song makes you feel sexy? I’m not sure if listening to music could make me feel sexy. :P But I’ll say Dirty Sexy, my favorite Rusko song.
10. Which song makes you want to dance? If headbanging counts as dancing, Blazin’ by In This Moment
11. What is the song you always play at parties? If it were up to me, anything by Attila. Let’s say Smokeout.
12. Do you prefer Pop, Punk, Rock, Jazz or Hip Hop? Why? Rock, because it rocks :D
13. What’s your favourite album at the moment? The Sound of Madness by Shinedown
I’m going to be reigning back my Tumblr usage. I originally got a Tumblr January 2013 to talk about personal things that I didn’t want anyone to see. Somewhere along the lines, that changed and now that I have 500+ followers, it’s no longer appropriate for me to express myself in the way that I do. It stopped being appropriate a long time ago. A lot of the personal things I say and think should be kept to myself, and I don’t really want anyone knowing about them anyway. Frankly, it’s just embarrassing and I care far too much about what people think. I’ve found myself restricting what I say based on who I know will read it. And that’s not fair to me, or the people who follow me who just don’t give a shit. I may make a second Tumblr and not give out the URL, or more likely, I’ll just keep things to myself. It’s no one’s business but my own. I am more than happy to give off the impression that I am a normal, happy human being who’s biggest life struggle was deciding what he wanted to be when he grew up. Anything else is just unnecessary personal information that no one else needs to concern themselves with.
I’ll still use this blog for trivial things, pictures, gifs, music, minor feelings, and the occasional rant about some hot topic. But I don’t ever want to delve into territory that is too personal again.
Peace, and goodnight.
The world is such a big, beautiful place. And yet I am so small.